Now a days its been a challenge to understand the child you had brought into the world as they entered into TEEEEN!!!!!
Life at this stage in like a Roller-Coaster as either they are too happy or too depressed. They are at times are like riding the car at fast speed without the seat belt.
As a parents is a phase where they too learn how to handle teenage and walk along with their children hand in hand.
FEW TIPS for parents in the journey of Roller - Coaster of TEENAGE
- Always remember that situation is drastically changed since you were in Teenage.Teens face countless teen problems and challenges. They deal with lot of emotional highs and lows. One minute they might feel great, and the next moment, they are depressed.
- These kinds of mood swings are common teenage problems. Teenage is the time where parents need to lay a strong foundation in their kid’s life. This of course needs to be done patiently and skillfully
- Always be on the same page with your children in all aspects of life like education, physical changes, career focusing, relationship changes within family & peer group.
- Being on same page will ease the situations at the time of decision making regarding higher study, career, relation related issues.
- Now a days there has been increased cases of conflicts in relations which results in getting into to worst scenario. Children these days driven towards social media, drugs, early relationships etc resulting rude awakening situation for the parents.
Symptoms of major depression in teenagers
Teenage sleep problems
Careless about physical safety
Disturbed mental health
Frequent health issues like headache
Preoccupation with death and suicide
Giving warning hints such as “I won’t be a problem for you much longer”
Prolonged sad or angry mood
Suddenly clearing out belongings and getting them in order
Becoming suddenly cheerful without reason after being depressed
- Children in their teens tend to reject their parents. They do not like communicating often or confiding in them. They are more comfortable in their friend’s company. It is common with every teenager.
- You need to understand this is a temporary phase and children too know they still need their parents no matter how reluctantly they act and is it common to have teenagers problems with parents.
- If parents happen to encounter above mentioned situation, needs to be normal. You can discuss with children and assess their condition. Counsel them, make them understand the result of the problem. At the same time you do need to understand their situation and act accordingly.
- Need to remember they are our buds not our enemy. You had to be with them forever to listen, counsel & walk hand in hand towards success path for their future personal & professional goals.
How have you taken care of your child’s common teenage problems? Share with us in the comments below.
(Founder & Managing Director)
SPYFOX DETECTIVES PRIVATE LIMITED